Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why Blog?

I know there's aleaready a million or more fashion bloggers out there, but though my process of trying to figure out what it is that is my talent, and trying to nuture and foster that creative spirit, I've decided to start a blog and give my two fashion cents ;)! 

  I've always loved clothes, textiles, colors, and accessories.  Due to the recession, and material sacrafices I've had to made since I've had kids, I found myself checking out my local thrift store and a surprise to find nice quality clothing for seriously 1/2 the price I spend on my starbucks mocha.  I realized that we have so much abundance, that even retailers end up donating overstock items which are usually unworn and new.  So eventhough I used to be a bit of a snob of when it came to having to always buy something new from the mall, I've come to find that I have just as much fun, even more when at the thrift store.  As for the stale used clothes smell that usually comes along with it, give it a wash or a dry clean "et voila!" problem solved!  Some labels that I've found in the past year since I've stared shopping there: Dolce & Gabana, Anna Sui, Moschino, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Forever 21, Roxy, Armani Exhange, Free People, Theory, Zara, Nicole Miller, Diane VonFurstenberg and the list goes on.  Seriously, I wish I could say that I had the income to be able to shop these luxurious brands and to be so fortunate and just give them away.

So here's my blog, thanks for taking the time to read it!  I also sell items I find on Ebay, http://myworld.ebay.com/divinefindz707.

No comments:

Post a Comment